Saturday, September 10, 2011

Spoto Sustenance 2011

Hi Everyone,

I’m looking forward to seeing you in a few weekends. As those of us who have participated before in the seminar know, Jungian psychology is hard work! We need snacks to keep us going! Not only that, but sharing food and wine adds to the conviviality experienced over the weekend.

Reply either by clicking the comments link at the end of the blog entry, or by replying to my email. The past few years, I’ve purchased a case of wine with 9 bottles of red and three of white. Here’s last year’s shopping list:



  • Apples – 6 pounds Macoun (had some left over); note: they are your Snack Coordinator’s favorite; If anyone wants to bring a few local apples from their area, we could do an apple tasting.

  • Grapes – 1 bunch red seedless

  • Dried apricots – 1 container

  • Almonds – salted and unsalted (Whole Foods)

  • Cheese – 3 cheeses, including cheddar, 1 goat cheese

  • Crackers for cheese (include whole grain, sesame-flavored Asian Rice Crackers

  • Nuts: 1 big container (qt.-sized) mixed nuts and/or trail mix

  • 1 package pita bread (2009 list)

  • 1 big tub hummus (2009 list)

  • 1 bag hard pretzels

  • 2 big bags chips (corn and blue corn)

  • 1 pint salsa

  • Cookies – two tubs of mini cookies

  • Yogurt: assorted flavors, ~ 6 containers

  • Caffeine-free diet Coke (Angelo’s request) and with caffeine (Cindy)

  • 3 2-liter bottles of seltzer

  • Cider

  • Cranberry-Pomegranate juice

  • Vanilla soy milk (how many people drink this?)

    Cheers,
    Paula

4 comments:

Danielle Poirier said...

Hi Paula! thanks for taking care of snacks.
I have no special requests, last year's list is great - don't remember having any wants remain unfulfilled. ;)

I do not drink wine or alcohol or much of anything else but water, both flat and carbonated.
Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Charlene N Chandler said...

Hi Paula! The list of food sounds wonderful! I am very much looking forward to meeting everyone as this will be my first year attending.

Please add me to the list of those wishing to partake in the drinking of wine!

thanks!!

Paula said...

Welcome to the group, Charlene!

mollie said...

hey, Paula! and thanks--again!! yes, the goat cheese is best for me and I may bring some too. It will help me if some of the crackers are rice based or otherwise gluten free. Diamond offers some in the grocery store. if you can't find let me know and I'll provide.
I am curious if the cider is consumed or not- do you remember? If I indulge in wine it will be mixed with seltzer....
thanks so much for the shopping and schlepping!
mollie