Tuesday, October 14, 2014

projection

Michael writes:


One thing I learned from our sojourn with Jung & Job is that the problem with projection is not only the individual's problem but also the planet's.  


That is, my projections don't hurt only me, which they do by forestalling my growth and leading me down dead-ends and also perhaps into deeds I will later regret).  And of course, through my actions, the people whom I dislike or idolize may be harmed.   But that is still in the sphere of the individual.


Jung argues that my projections also feed psychic energy that is objectively independent and manifests in the world. 


As I write this, I recall that Mme Blavatsky and the theosophists argue that thoughts are incorporeal entities - they live.

2 comments:

Paula said...

This reminds me of the Masuru Emoto photos of water that Angelo shared and that we saw in "What the Bleep Do We Know?" during the Synchronicity seminar. I found myself asking myself, "What kind of water am I making?"

Paula said...

I forgot the link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Masaru_Emoto