Monday, August 16, 2010

Spoto 2010 Reading List

Hi Everyone,
Here is the reading list information from Angelo. Looking forward to seeing you all in a few months!
Best, Paula

Ok, gang, below is a provisional reading list to play with for our October get together. As always, do what you can with it. Read at least a little, or read a lot...as your soul moves you (and as time permits). My guess is this is all mostly familiar material. So, it may be mostly rereading you are actually doing. I may throw in something else as it comes to me. We'll see. But, this should work for most people. I am getting the feeling too that this year's meeting is a summary of sorts of all that has gone before it. Perhaps, we will be moving to a different approach in future meetings, less didactic, more keyed to an intense, Jungian examination of pieces of literature or art, music, plays, etc. by the group. Perhaps, we'd want to tackle the Red Book next time, and utilize break-out groups more intensely. We could even follow a format like the Rubin Museum, where one person interviews another person on a pre-selected image from the Red Book unknown to the interviewee. An incredible amount of material has been covered over the years. So much to draw on. We have done weekends on Shadow, Anima-Animus, Dreams, Active Imagination, Greek Mythology, Alchemy, Synchronicity & Quantum Physics, Type and Archetype, and...what am I leaving out??? Someone solve the mystery! Reading list, below.
Hesse, H - Demian
Jacobi, J - The Way of Individuation
Jaffe, A - The Myth of Meaning
Jung, C.G. - Psychological Types or The Psychology of Individuation
Meier, C.A. - Personality: The Individuation Process in the Light of C.G. Jung's Typology
Spoto, A. - Jung's Typology in Perspective, Chapter 6
Stein, M. - Individuation
Von Frantz, M.-L. - Man and His Symbols, Part 3

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is anyone reading The Prinicple of Individuation by Murray Stein? It is a fastinating book. I would love to have a discussion on the blog with those of you that are reading this!

Cindy

Paula said...

Hi! I am reading Marie-Louse Von Franz in Man & His Symbols. What do you think about what she says about whether the unconscious can be influenced by outside forces?

Paula said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michael C said...

I look forward to rereading Demian, which I loved as a youmg man, and to reading both von Franz and Stein....