Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Reading Assignment Update

Hi Everyone,
This just in from Angelo:

I have just had the realization that this year's Mercy Weekend will really need to be in two parts!  The best break will be combining Seven Sermons to the Dead (in Scrutinies) and Answer to Job, perhaps as a separate weekend in the future. If people have already read that material, it certainly won't harm them for this year, as both works merit multiple readings and are relevant to what will be discussed this time out. But, I must give everyone a heads up: there is too much material in the Red Book itself to even begin to do it justice, much less to cover the additional material. So, I will devote myself to bringing the Red Book to life for you in the best way I know how, and give you my perspective on how it informs Jung's spirituality. We'd need a week rather than a weekend to cover the Red Book and the additional material in any respectable manner.

I trust the group trusts me on this one. It is going to be a very full and rich weekend--guaranteed!

I don't think any of us who have been reading the RB are surprised -- there is obviously a lot of stuff there to delve into.

Stay tuned for a snack coordination email/post as the weekend approaches.

Looking forward to seeing you all!
Paula

No comments: