Hi All,
I was thinking of John's story of how when he took over the group administration, much of the documentation and records were missing and he had to do his best to recreate them. It occurred to me that maybe we could use Google docs as a place to upload things like our mission statement, operating procedures, and even past seminar agendas -- whatever we think we want to keep for posterity and make available to attendees. Google has calendars, too, and we could use that for things like payment due dates and seminar dates. I believe it also allows you to create an email distribution. Maybe we can even link the blog to it, as it is also a Google project.
I've used some of these things a little, but is anyone really familiar with it? Or interested in researching? I can do the latter but not for a while.
P.
Tuesday, October 14, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hi Paula - I use Dropbox and find it very easy and useful. Like Google docs, it is free. I've registered with Google docs but have found that fewer people use it therefore I have not.
If you want, I can invite you to share a folder and we can try it out.
Yes, Dropbox is good, too. But is it just documents, or does it allow you to have an email distribution and calendars like Google? That's why I was thinking Google might be the way to go. Basecamp does all that, but it costs $.
Post a Comment