Looking forward to seeing you all and immersing ourselves in the study of the Red Book. For those of you new to the group, I'm the "snack coordinator" for the seminar. We supplement the 3 meals/day offered by the Mercy Center with some snacks for breaks and evenings, and wine to enhance our evening conviviality. I typically send out my working grocery list to see whether you have any special requests, suggestions, or dietary constraints. Here's what I base my shopping on, with some impulse buys or variation thrown in:
Shopping List
Groceries
These are generally reimbursed from the general kitty and we have a small fridge in the break room:
·
Apples
– 6 pounds Macoun (had some left over); note: they are your Snack Coordinator’s
favorite); If anyone wants to bring a few local apples from their area, we
could do an apple tasting.
·
Grapes
– 1 bunch red seedless· Dried apricots – 1 container
·
Almonds
– salted and unsalted
·
Cheese
– 3 cheeses, including cheddar, 1 goat cheese
·
Crackers
for cheese (include whole grain, sesame-flavored Asian Rice Crackers;
gluten-free for Mollie. Look for Diamond brand.)
·
Nuts:
1 big container (qt.-sized) mixed nuts and/or trail mix
·
1
bag hard pretzels
·
1 package pita bread
·
1 pint hummus tahini
·
2
big bags chips (corn and blue corn)
·
1
pint salsa
·
Cookies
– two tubs of mini cookies
·
Yogurt: plain coffee, lemon, and cherry
·
Caffeine-free
diet Coke (Angelo’s request) [Angelo: Are you on to another beverage? I seem to recall you traded in Coke for Perrier last year.]
·
3
2-liter bottles of seltzer
·
Cider
·
Vanilla soy milk
In the past, I've bought a case of assorted "value" wines from around the world and those of us who drank chipped in, but this year Nord Brue, an avid wine aficionado, offered to bring a couple of cases to share with the group.
·
Mollie cannot eat cow’s milk cheeses and yogurts, only goat’s and
sheep’s milk. She also cannot eat gluten.
·
Sister Nancy needs gluten-free snacks.Please email me at paula.spizziri@verizon.net with any input you have. See you Friday!
4 comments:
Let's definitely do an apple tasting - any of you who are friends with me on Facebook know that I've been doing one already this fall in Hamburg!
I'd also value having gluten free cracker choices and those from Diamond are yummy.
Would any of the soy milk drinkers consider almond milk?
Katherine
I can add almond milk to the list!
your list is fine with me and yes, I'll bring local apples.
Question about Mercy Center - does anyone know whether or not they have a vegetarian option and if so, is it too late to opt in? Not sure who to address this question to.
Looking forward to seeing everyone.
Hi Danielle! I would either go through Cash or call the Mercy Center directly and let them know you're a guest next weekend. I'm pretty sure they do have vegetarian options and it should be enough notice if they need to know in advance.
Post a Comment